October 21, 2011

Stuff I love (Prebaby)

While we have purchased and have generously been given many baby items, we haven't really used many of the items yet! 

Of the few things we have actually used, here are a few I love and must share with you:

(1) Body pillow!
My bestest friend Kimmy gave me her body pillow about 3 days after I told her I was pregnant.  And it is WONDERFUL!  I sleep with it every night.  It really helps with back pain and leg pain and getting comfortable with the ever-expanding baby belly. 
Now, I want to point out -- this is your basic body pillow.  Not one of those fancy "pregnancy pillows" that are super expensive and surely not worth the $50 to $70!  You can buy this one at Target for $9.99
http://www.target.com/p/Room-Essentials-Body-Pillow-White/-/A-13614316
There are also lots of cute covers that you can match to your room (if you are crazy like me -- we put a cute gray one on the wonderful gift from Kimmy!)!
(By the way -- Ryan loves this too!  As soon as I get out of bed in the morning, the pillow becomes his.  A comfort to both of us during pregnancy!)

(2) Dropps Baby Laundry Pacs
My friend Becky mentioned  Dropps on her blog a long time ago and I picked some up for us once when I saw them at Target.  I immediately fell in love!  We stopped buying regular laundry soap and now only buy these. 
They are little pacs of laundry soap that you toss in the washing machine with each load.  No mess of sticky soap all over the laundry room (which drove me crazy!).  LOVE!

Greatest news -- they have a BABY version too!  I have already washed up some baby clothes with them. 
I get them at Amazon.com now, and with free shipping (yay AmazonMom program), they ship to me every two months.  The discounts come to 29 cents per load for Baby Dropps and 23 cents per load for dye-free Dropps for us. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N447OM

That's all I can think of for now, but I am sure there will be more stuff I love that I will post about, just in case you want to check it out too!

No comments: