August 14, 2012

A trip to the Pitts!

"I'm glad you guys bought me a
comfy car seat, 'cause I sure do
spend a lot of time in it!"
We continued the PA tour to the western side of the state to have a quick visit with our friends Natalie and Emilio and their daughter Dahlia (who actually live in Altoona, not Long Island, where we met up with them last time!).  We only had a day, but it was fun to hang around the house with the kids and then drive to Pittsburgh to see the zoo with Natalie and Dahlia!  Natalie's a college professor too -- the joys of having summers off!  We love taking the kids to the zoo on a random Tuesday!



What biologists do when they take their kids
to the zoo ....

Everyone poses with the tree of life!


Eli watching the sea lion baby.
Or the water (it was another HOT day!)!

"Oh my God!  I am petting a dear!!!!!"

"Oh, a dear.  I prefer my ungulates to have an
odd number of toes.  Show me a rhino!"

Not sure who was more interested in whom.
Kangaroo/baby staring contest.

"Look Eli, a Gorilla!"

Gorillas are always a great end
to a great day at the zoo!

After the zoo, we took Eli to his first Pittsburgh Pirates game!  It was a pretty nice night and we had a great time cheering for the Pirates and the Houston Astros!  Eli's favorite part was McCutchen hitting a great home run!

The Wynnes at PNC Park

"Another day, another baseball game.
How do I break it to Daddy that my favorite sport
is actually water polo?"

"Just kidding Daddy!  I love baseball!!"

No comments: