October 31, 2012

Eli takes his Godfather to the Yankees game!

One of the highlights of August was taking Fruncle Steve to a Yankees game for his birthday and one-year wedding anniversary.  Aunt Kelly, Ms. Cori and Grandma came with us too!  Eli was very excited because he waited all summer to go to his very first Yankees game with his Fruncle Steve!

In addition to celebrating Steve's birthday, it was also a special game because Eli's Grandpa (my and Steve's dad) was a huge Yankees fan.  As Grandpa passed away just 3 months before Eli was born, we took a moment and left a special memento in honor of Grandpa at Yankee Stadium.  I'd like to think that Eli will always think about his Grandpa when we go to Yankees games.

This may have been one of Eli's favorite games of the whole summer!

Eli & Fruncle Steve
Eli's first Yankees Game
August 16, 2012




"Grandma, everyone's facing the
other way.  I think that's where
the game is being played!"

"Mom, I know you want a photo of
me with Fruncle and Aunt Kel, but I
am trying to watch the game!"

Watching the game with Fruncle

"These afternoon games always happen during naptime ..."

"Now Ms. Cori, I gotta tell ya,
I love the Yankees and I am so happy
you're all here with me!"

"So much fun at my first Yankees game!!!!"

No comments: