December 16, 2012

A visit with Santa

You know that moment when the baby starts screaming and crying and struggling on Santa's lap at the mall?  When the baby sobs (much like Eli with the Easter bunny), but everyone that's around just smiles and says stupid things like "Oh, guess Baby's gonna get coal this year" or "These are the memories we make".  As if tormenting your young child is part of the holiday fun.  You know what I am talking about? 

I HATE that moment.  Tears come to my eyes for the child and I get super annoyed with the smiling parents.  So when we took Eli to see Santa for the very first time while we were visiting his cousins for Thanksgiving, I dreaded that moment of tears.

But, of course, all of my dread was for naught!  As I have found many times over these last 11 months, I often worry a lot about something only to watch Eli face the situation and shine!

Maybe Eli loves Santa so much because he met him last year, when Santa dropped Eli off at the hospital at 8:28pm on Christmas Eve?


A dapper Eli, waiting in line at the
"North Pole" (Palmer Mall) to
meet Santa for the first time. 
"Hi Santa, it's been a while since I saw you. 
How was your year?  Mine was pretty good."
Even Santa was impressed by Eli!

How cute are these kids?


No comments: